Wednesday 28 September 2016

Vaccinations.

As I said in my previous post i am a mother to four beautiful kids, and today was the day that all parents dread.... The day when your little ones have their vaccinations. Today both of my girls Bethany ( 3 years) and Imogen (1 year) had theirs.

I am very proud of them both for being so brave and I treated them to sweets and a magazine afterwards. Imogen was asleep for most of the day after her jabs, and me and Beth curled up on the sofa together and watched Kung fu panda.

As a parent, you want to do your best to protect your children and sometimes it can feel too much to bare watching your child go from being so happy and smiling to screaming in pain as a nurse stabs them multiple times with a sharp needle.

But the way I see it, seeing my children go through a few moments of discomfit and maybe a few days of feeling a little sorry for themselves with a slight fever and a bit grizzly, is far better then watching them go through something far worse like polio or meningitis..... I would never be able to forgive myself if my child caught a deadly illness and knowing that it could have been easily prevented....

 thank you for reading and please let me know your views on the subject 

"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."
(Oogway, kung fu panda.)




No comments:

Post a Comment